Object Classification and Counting Analytics now is available in Eocortex VMS
Eocortex, a global developer of Video Management Software with Analytics, has released a new version 4.0. It includes a number of technical improvements and optimizations, as well as new AI-based video analysis features.
One of the most essential novelties of Eocortex 4.0 is the Object Classification and Counting module. It сlassificates and counts 6 different object categories:
- Vehicles by type: Passenger cars, Buses, Trucks, Motorcycles.
Analytics operates within 2 counting options, which is helpful for different business tasks:
- Counting objects in an area. Users can set up areas of any size and forms for a specific camera view by dragging key points of the virtual frame.
- Line intersection. The count of objects crossing the virtual line or lines in a specified direction. Position of the line can be changed manually by easily dragging it by the waypoints.
Each object category count is conveniently displayed in the Eocortex Client, so users will see every object classification in the real time.
The user gets all data collected by the module in handy reports and statistics.
- Report by zones. A possibility to build reports for one certain zone or for all zones simultaneously and get the number of people or other objects inside.
- Line crossing report. Selecting one specific line or as many of them as the user requires. Getting a report on how many different objects crossed the line and at what time it occurred.
It is also possible to set up different automatic scenarios for all video surveillance systems managed by Eocortex. For example, generate an alarm when an object verified as a motorcycle appears in the specified area.
By all of these features, Eocortex Object Classification and Counting module transforms a common video surveillance system into an effective tool for business optimization. When collecting over days, weeks, and months, data from VMS can help business owners and operators detect trends and patterns around their business.
Here are some useful cases:
- Regulate traffic effectively. Set up scenarios for traffic lights switching according to the number of vehicles on the road.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of outdoor advertisements. Monitor roads and gather statistics about the number of vehicles and people passing by the billboard.
- Count objects in a specific area. For example, count students in classrooms or people in public transport, vehicles on the ferry or in neighborhoods, etc.
- Use for business purposes. Calculate pedestrians and vehicular traffic to decide if it’s worth to open a retail outlet in a particular location.
The significant perk to all this is flexible requirements for camera placement. Object Classification and Counting analytics does not require a strictly vertical view installation. That’s why new features can be easily implemented into already deployed surveillance systems and used the existing cameras.
Eocortex 4.0 with the new Object Classification and Counting module will become available for purchase in the near future. Now everyone can get Eocortex trial version with new features included and feel all the advantages of Object Classification and Counting analytics totally free of charge.
Test Eocortex and get special commercial conditions for the first project implementation with the Object Classification and Counting module.